Monday 5 March 2007

Win, Win, Win!

I am sooo chuffed, and huffed and puffed up I can hardly contain myself. We performed our playlette this evening for the Rural (Scottish WI) and Won the damned competition. There were only four entries but, because ours was different from the others and, well, yes, better we Won!

Darlings, it was a battle. Of wits and snipes, of lines cut and actions added. Of lines too short and stuff that just padded. Of the newbie's against the knowing old wifey. But, we came home with the silver trophy!

Here's the thing. We are now in the Final in a couple of months. So, we've to do it all again.

This actually won't be a pain, though as I like the women in our 'cast' and it's good to get to know new people. The witch and I will never like each other, but at least I am learning to tolerate her.

Ah, we live and learn.

4 comments:

Breezy said...

well done you
Next year The Oscars?

tea and cake said...

Thank you, Karen! I'm a bit full of myself today - not yet published, but have now been performed, eh?!

NoviceNovelist said...

Hi, thought I'd pop in and say hello as you'd been kind enough to visit me on my new blog! Fab news on your win!!!!

tea and cake said...

Hi novicenovelist, and welcome!

I'm fairly new to this blogging lark, as well. Great distraction exercise from writing, eh?