Sunday 14 February 2010

Valentine and Pressure


Hello and Happy Valentine's Day to You!
It is also our daughter's birthday, so me and nanny's best girl made her a cake yesterday, and this is it!  Isn't it wonderful?
I've just worked out that a single slice (of chocolate mud cake, with butter icing) will be a less than generous, at least, 6 points of my ww diet!  Oh well.  Then Mr T and I are out for our, romantic, Valentine's dinner this evening, ahh.

Speaking of 'aah' add a 'yum!' to that and you get what we had for our dinner one evening this week - a neck of lamb stew - a meal from my childhood, with carrots, onions, potatoes and pearl barley, mmm.  We cooked it in my new passion - a pressure cooker!  This stew took 45 Minutes instead oft he 4 Hours it would have done in the oven, and was absolutely delicious.  We have been using it to cook soups as well, so far. 


We originally bought the pressure cooker to use in the caravan, when we go South next month, to visit with our new grandson, due on 7 March and, hopefully on a mini tour of the England-shire - Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Cardiff in Wales, for my uncle's surprise 60th birthday party.

Now, I have to wrap up said daughter's birthday pressies - a sewing machine (bought from a pal for a very reasonable price) with Cath Kidston's 'Sew!', which I hope she will love!

Ciao for now.

No comments: