Wednesday, 30 September 2009

More News

Well, I am travelling South this weekend. My mum had a heart attack on Monday, and a stent inserted today. She suddenly sounds old, and it's a bit scary, even though she's only 71 years old. But, she's always been a healthy person, with get up and go, and she's often gone - on walking holidays, gardening holidays, off to Italy or Spain. I just heard my brother relating to an aunt, that he'd queried a dent in the ceiling above mum's stairs. 'Oh, that,' she says 'that's when I was moving a wardrobe up to my bedroom.'

I don't think she'll be doing that for a while.

6 comments:

campbellgirl said...

Hope your mum recovers quickly Kaz. It's scary when you realise how the years are catching up to parents. Especially when they are stubborn old farts! God bless.
(((hugs))) Diane

tea and cake said...

how do you know my mum, Diane?!! Yes, she is now recovering nicely, thank you. xx

stitchwort said...

A friend of mine had a stent done recently, and she's so much better than she was before.
(Hurrah for stubborn old farts!!)

tea and cake said...

thankyou, stitchwort, she is feeling a lot better, though tired. But, is deffo on the mend. x

Roobeedoo said...

71? A spring chicken! Hope she is feeling better.

tea and cake said...

Hi Roobeedoo, thanks for your comment. Four weeks later and she is learning to take it a bit easier, though she won't drive for another couple of weeks, until she's seen the doc again. So, Milton Keynes is safe for a short while from her driving!