Saturday 29 March 2008

A Penny pinched is a Penny saved?

Now then, at the start of the new financial year, I am a bit stoney broke - enough that I can't afford a holiday in the sun this year, apparently, according to Mr T (the bank manager in my cupboard, for those old enough.)

This is due to having grown up children who still think the money grows on trees at the bottom of our garden, and paying for chiropractor fees. I have stopped smoking which, in theory, should save me at least £35 per week but, for some reason, cannot be found. I am also eating less in a bid to lose some of the six stones that are not helping my back condition (and a pal who is doing the same - I know because I can see all the way down to England - you know who you are!)

I am currently employed to look after two private houses, help with a pal's works accounts, sit on the fostering panel - most of which all pay just the basic wage minimum, or under (the foster panel, which pays the same daily rate as a foster carer would get(!))

So, I need to find ways to (a) save money and (b) make money - any tips, anyone?

3 comments:

Dusty Spider said...

Oooooh that's a toughy! I'll put my thinking cap on...... Flick xx

Anonymous said...

We have a couple of "reality shows" over here that tend to that subject. Let me know if you want the names of them and I shall fetch them for you. First tome to your blog. Will be back.

Cheers!

tea and cake said...

Thanks Dusty, I'm sure you'll come up with Something!

Hi Doug, and welcome! I've just popped over to you and had a quick read. Now, you are giving yourself away a little here 'Over here' from Scotland surely means there is at least some water to cross involved?!