Tuesday 19 February 2008

I simply cannot believe .....

That it has been so long since I last posted!



Well, I have been quite busy, trying to get myself better. I did visit the Physio at the hospital and what a shitty, waste of time that was. Bitter? Moi? You bet. He told me they cannot help me, due to my back history, I am already partially disabled and, all they'll probably do is give me a referral to a pain clinic, to manage my pain, and assist me with aids and adaptions! Fuck Off, unfortunately is what I did not say to his face for being so damned negative.



So, I returned to my lovely, lovely Chiropractor, Marie, and sobbed all over her. She agrees with me, I am not disabled and won't be for many a long year. Now, don't get me wrong, if I was disabled, then, like so many people, including my lovely brother, I would have to adapt, and my life would simply change its Way of being. I know loads of people who have a disability to varying degrees. And, the one thing I do know, is that it is all down to attitude.



But, that ain't me, yet.



Marie has seen me twice a week for the past three weeks, and we seem to have turned a corner. I can do so much more now! Bathing myself, some part of cooking the dinner of an evening, even making cups of tea for Mr T! Boy, is he grateful that there is some movement - and is looking forward to the day that I can do the ironing and hoovering (from past experience, this will be some time - shame, eh? :o) )







To thank Marie profusely, I have knitted her a felted bag and am in the process of making her a lovely pair of bluey-lilac socks. When espying these items, nanny's best girl was enquiring as to who they were for. When informed of the lovely Marie, I told her that she would like her. Nanny's best girl's question?



'Why, does she give out stickers? I love stickers!'



Oh, to be aged 10 again.

2 comments:

Misssy M said...

Mmmm, sometimes I think that medical doctors think if it can't be fixed with drugs then it can't be fixed at all.

A friend of mine seriously hurt her back whilst taking a case off a baggage carousel. Turned out she'd slipped a disc. A horrible year of debilitiating painkillers and not being able to move later, one of her legs was shorter than the other and she was depressed as hell.

Then she went to an amazing acupuncturist and things started to improve.

Sometimes medical doctors know nothing. Now my friend won't even take so much as a paracetamol for a headache.

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

tea and cake said...

Well, hullo, Missy M! How lovely to hear from you! Thanx for your good wishes - the painkillers seem to be All the docs Have done for me.
I'm facinated by 'alternative' therapies - the same way I wonder how an aeroplane gets into the air - but seriously, I had thought this healing lark was supposed to be done by the medics. And after all that college training, too. Beats me.