Sunday 26 April 2009

Busy - with piccies!

Well, first of all I now have my new laptop - hurrah! It is nearly the same as my old (erm, only 14 months old, but didn't survive being dropped) one, but lighter. But, in the meantime I hae been doing some crafting - the first of which I will show to you, thus;


They are 'Embossed Leaves' socks by Mona Schmidt, in the lovely, gorgeous book 'Favorite Socks' 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave and I've done them in Patons Fairytale Dreamtime 4ply, 100% wool.

I just love how the pattern, that is so easy, is so effective and pretty! After I 'd done the first one, I just wanted to frame it!




But, as I was showing off to my daughter, she has bagged this pair. Oh, I spoil those kids!

6 comments:

campbellgirl said...

Oooh, lovely socks! The colour is divine, and the stitch pattern V pretty. Gosh, and you even made a pair! So many people seem to get stuck after the first one - Single Sock Syndrome, I believe it's called. Well done Kaz! (((hugs)) D.

tea and cake said...

well, I'm now doing the second sock, Dianne, but I know what you mean. I just want to get onto something else in the book, now! Lovely to hear from you, xx

Some Chilean Woman said...

I love those!! They remind me of wheat branches...so cute. And yes, you do spoil them kids!

Some Chilean Woman said...

You probably saw this already on Roobeedoo's blog...but I saw this online and I so wish I could knit!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/04/23/grooms-socks/

Enjoy!

French Knots said...

Love the socks! The pattern is lovely, as is the colour.

tea and cake said...

I saw it, SCW, what a brill idea!

Thanks, FK, I'm just up to the heel flap on the 2nd one, but went to the cinema last night. Should have taken my knitting!