Monday 19 January 2009

Achoo!


It is achoo! and oh dear, I'm afraid. We went away for the weekend, full of vim and vigour to enjoy some lovely company, do some cooking and walking on the beach.

Humph! Friday was lovely, we went for an Indian meal, which was devine. 'Saturday Kitchen' had a lovely recipe for roast shoulder of lamb - well hogget (the old season lamb.) Which I did for our dinner as my bro works at a charity shop on Saturdays. That was delicious, too.

Then, Sunday morning saw me being, shall be say, ill from my bottom half, with a gastric-type-virus. All day. Until the evening time. When even the retching stopped.

No fun when you're sneezing at the same time!

My lovely Mr T looked after me beyond the call of duty, and my bro brought me offerings of dried toast and (luckily, bottled) water.

So, we returned home today, and I feel a lot better.

Just the achoo's to deal with now.

7 comments:

Papoosue said...

Oh, nothing worse than the gastric thingy, I'm glad you're feeling better and that you got to see your brother - I've got one of those and he's lovely :-)

Shirley said...

My family (28 of us) got something similar after Christmas. Not our idea of a great way to spend the holidays, but it will be remembered a long time, anyway!

Glad you're feeling better.

Penny said...

Oh, it isn't nice when you are ill like that. I hope you are completely recovered now.

campbellgirl said...

I'm sorry Kaz - I laughed! Unfortunately the sneezing image was too much for me. ROFL! Glad you are feeling better now. xxx Diane

Shabby Chick said...

Ooh dear what a shame you were so ill while you were away, horrible when you don't know which end to point at the loo first :-/

Hope the sneezles go soon xxx

tea and cake said...

papoosue, shirley, penny, campbellgirl and shabby chick - thank you all so much for your thoughts - even the laughing cheered me up!
My cold feels worse today, gah. And I've had to cancel some friends coming for their dinner ... couldn't have them coming down with anything as well, despite being a 'washing hands' fanatic.
I know I shall feel better soon, I Will feel better soon .... x

Dusty Spider said...

Here's a box of virtual "achoo" tissues! Hope you feel better real soon. Flick xx