Friday 13 December 2013

He's nearly here!

Yes, that time of year again.  How, I wonder, has it all come around again so quickly?  It surely was only a week ago, that Xmas 2012 was nearly here.  Might be something to do with getting older, oh well.

We have had a flurry of finding the right phone for Mr T - should it be the iPhone, Samsung etc, etc.  But, he has now decided to stick with the iPhone, and we'll search the Vodafone stores tomorrow.  I keep out of it, I'm afraid.  I love my iPhone, and won't be changing it, anytime soon.  It mixes in and connects with my mac book pro, and keeps me up to date with where I am supposed to be.  Don't need anything else.

What I could do with at the moment are two things.  One, is the expected winter weather, please!  I put away all my summer trousers and tops, got out the jumpers, leggings and boots, and what happens?  Last week, the weather was a frosty -2 degrees.  Since then, it has been between + 9 and 11.5 degrees!  The Autumn coat is even too hot to wear, and then I see people wearing scarves.  I have even put up blackout linings onto my bedroom curtains - which both keep out the light and the cold.  Hence, we are opening our bedroom window, of a night-time, or we get a headache.  Weird.

And, the other thing?  Some sleep.  For some reason I have stopped going to bed early.  And, when I get there, I play games on my phone, read my kindle and/or watch telly.  Then, all of a sudden, it is 1.30 am, and I have to be up for work in the morning.  Put that together with me trying to cut down on my medication, and have stopped the night-time sleeper/pain killer, and you can guess the rest.  This morning I didn't actually get to sleep until about 5 am, and was then awoken by Mr T at 8 am.  Went back to bed this afternoon for a couple of hours, but intend to look after myself from today, and will be up the wooden hill by about 10.30 pm.  Promise.

I have now been signed off by the physiotherapist at the hospital, and referred for a 3 month gym membership.  My movement is so much better but, as I have not really moved for the past couple of years, I need to build up my muscle and core strength.  This is such brilliant news, as I had been getting quite depressed, prior to my op, beginning to believe that I would never again be fit, or feel positive about myself again.

Now, I feel like I have been given a second chance at living life to the full.  I am awaiting some contact from the gym, about getting me started, I am properly doing the exercises I have been given.  And, I have now joined Slimming World.  At the heaviest weight I have ever been, in my life.

So, now that I am taking the physical and mental steps I need to make 2014 a better year.  So, let's have  Xmas, and 2014 - bring it on!

No comments: