Monday 28 March 2011

Wet Felting

With the Forfar Embroiders Guild, I attended a wet felting workshop on Saturday.  This was run by a local, talented textile artist, Tessa Mendez of feltunique and what a great day we had.  My wet felt is  the header picture above, after I had embellished it, using a photo we took while on our cruise holiday last year.



Sunset over the Med October 2010

On Saturday there were eight of us in all, and each of us made very different pieces - one woman's picture was of a rock and it was very life-like, others did scenes of trees, fields and another's was of underwater coral.

~~~ O ~~~


In other news, the cushion covers I am making for my college project are finally coming together.  I have decorated the fabric and am ready to sew my design onto them.  This would be difficult without transferring the design onto the fabric; and have wanted a light box for some time.  Even asked Mr T and my son in law for their help. 

Soooo, today I went into Homebase, where I got fantastic help from a young man there (who is a student architect, so knew what I was on about) who sorted me out with a short fluorescent light unit, and a sheet of perspex. Then, I have found a drawer, and will drill a hole in the side of it, add a diffuser to the perspex, bang in some nails (or screws, probably) to attach it to the top of the drawer, et voila!  Costing less than £30, it has saved me at least £50 and I will have it for some time to come.  Now, those of you who say I could use a window for this, don't know the lack of access and light my windows have!

~~~ O ~~~


This is another busy week for me, one of my students needs a report, three others are due a group supervision, foster panel reports are to be read and Mr T has a birthday on Wednesday.  Phew!  I remembered in time to organise a present, and we are having a 'children's tea party' for him, complete with balloons, jelly and cake. What laughs, what fun! xx

No comments: